Wednesday, February 5, 2014
In the article, "Is Social Networking a Waste of Time," author Bernhard Warner discusses how normal it is for people to be on their networking sites at all times of the day. Whether it be in the work place or during school, people are constantly keeping up with their sites. In the article he also encourages the use of social networking. He uses examples such as, "students who use social networking sites to build and promote projects," and students who design widgets and applications. I agree with Bernhard when it comes to the encouragement of social networking, if it is intended for good. Many times we have seen social networking being used for bullying. You go on Twitter or Facebook and can easily find pages dedicated to hurting others. However, I have also seen many pages dedicated to helping others. For instance, when the tornadoes went through Central Illinois, many people took up collections and donations via Facebook. For the most part I would definitely encourage people to use social networking as long as their intentions mean well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment